120 YEARS AGO
IN LOWELL, MASSACHUSETTS
Galen Botanicals began as an Old-World Apothecary, "Galen Pharmacy".
Pharmacist George Vozeolas becomes the first Greek immigrant to open a pharmacy in Lowell, naming it Galen Pharmacy. His herbal remedies, salves and tinctures became renowned for their effectiveness.
Pharmacist George Vozeolas' granddaughter Dr. Elaine Gavalas founded Galen Botanicals developing 21st century natural skin care with organic, sustainable botanicals.
All-Natural YOUTH DROPS Tightens, Smooths and Regenerates Your Skin To Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles with a Facelift Effect.
Can also be used as a booster by applying under BEAUTY POTION.
“If I could only pick one skincare product for the rest of my life it would be Youth Drops. Not only have my facial lines diminished, but I can feel the lift in my skin as well.” Debra A., Youth Drops customer
ORDER $60 for 1oz YOUTH DROPS PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
Dr. Elaine’s Special Sale! TWO 1-oz YOUTH DROPS for only $99 PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
All-Natural BEAUTY POTION Features an Anti-Aging Blend of Luxurious Oils and Hyaluronic Acid for Radiant, Youthful Skin.
Apply BEAUTY POTION alone on the face or mix with foundation for added radiance. Apply over YOUTH DROPS for increased moisturizing.
"It is the real thing! Thank you Dr. Elaine for your formulation and expertise!” Debra A., Beauty Potion customer
ORDER $45 for 1oz BEAUTY POTION PayPal or Credit Card
Dr. Elaine’s Special Sale! TWO 1-oz BEAUTY POTION for only $75 PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
Give your skin a luminescent glow with this anti-aging blend of luxurious essential oils, hyaluronic acid and mineral pigments for radiant, youthful skin.
Apply BEAUTY GLOW alone on the face or mix with foundation for added luminosity. Can apply over YOUTH DROPS for increased benefits.
"It is the real thing! Thank you Dr. Elaine for your formulation and expertise!” Debra A., Galen Botanicals customer
ORDER $50 for 1oz BEAUTY GLOW PayPal or Credit Card
Dr. Elaine’s Special Sale! YOUTH DROPS 1oz + BEAUTY GLOW 1oz for only $89 PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
All-Natural BEAUTY BODY Tightens, Smooths and Regenerates Your Skin To Help Reduce Signs of Aging Including Wrinkles, Cellulite and Loose Crepey Skin.
Apply several drops to wrinkled, crepey and cellulite areas on the body or mix several drops with your favorite body lotion.
"I need a vat of it to sit in! It's amazing." Lori H., Galen Botanicals customer
ORDER $50 for 1oz BEAUTY BODY PayPal or Credit Card
Dr. Elaine’s Special Sale! YOUTH DROPS 1oz + BEAUTY BODY 1oz for only $89 PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
NAIL REPAIR & NAIL REPAIR PLUS
All-Natural NAIL REPAIR Helps Repair Nail Infection and Improve Nails Appearance. Nail Repair is successfully being used in an ongoing podiatric nail fungus trial. Before and after patient photos are available upon request.
"I went to Dr. Elaine after years of suffering from foot and toe fungus. After she assessed my situation she gave me a natural remedy. After two weeks my feet and toes were pristine clear !!!!! This was after trying every pharmaceutical product which didn't work. Dr. Elaine was a godsend." David S., Nail Repair customer
ORDER $35 for 1oz NAIL REPAIR PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
NAIL REPAIR PLUS
Same original formula as Nail Repair plus Hemp CBD for added benefits.
ORDER $40 for 1oz NAIL REPAIR PLUS PayPal or Credit Card
Dr. Elaine’s Special Sale! NAIL REPAIR & NAIL REPAIR PLUS 1oz Bottles for only $60 PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
All-Natural GERM BUSTER Helps Protect and Purify Skin With Essential Oils Known For Their Germ-Fighting Benefits.
"The BEST!!!! Kills germs but makes hands soft, put under nose to go out for extra respiratory protection." Lori H., Germ Buster customer
ORDER $20 each PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
Dr. Elaine’s Special Sale! THREE 1-oz Bottles for only $50 PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
ATHLETE'S FOOT RELIEF
Helps with Athlete's Foot skin condition and improves skin appearance. Apply to affected skin twice daily. There are many published studies on the antifungal properties of Wild Greek Oregano and Tea Tree Oil.
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Wild Greek Oregano Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil.
ORDER $20 PayPal
FOOT LOTION & FOOT LOTION PLUS
Protects, softens and revitalizes dry, rough skin. Restores healthy suppleness and flexibility to the skin. Improves skin integrity with a lasting moisturizing effect.
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lanolin, Lavender Essential Oil.
ORDER $20 PayPal
All-Natural HAIR RESTORE Supports Scalp and Hair Health. Potent apple stem cells can help prevent hair follicle aging and hair loss while promoting hair growth.
ORDER $50 for 1oz HAIR RESTORE PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
Dr. Elaine’s Special Sale! TWO HAIR RESTORE 1oz each for only $80 PayPal or Credit Card (secured)
WHY CHOOSE GALEN BOTANICALS NATURAL REMEDIES?
Galen Botanicals chemical-free, natural products contain protective essential oils, plant oils, and botanical extracts that regenerate and revitalize the skin. These precious substances are scientifically found to lock in moisture, combat free radical-induced damage, and protect against infectious invaders.
NOURISH AND HYDRATE WITH ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Galen Botanicals products contain organic extra virgin olive oil, an ideal emollient base ingredient. This silky smooth and deeply moisturizing oil is rich in vitamins A and E, monounsaturated fatty acids and polyphenol antioxidants. Olive oil's potent compounds such as oleocanthol, oleuropein, oleic acid, hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol and squalene can protect against skin aging, promote skin regeneration and prevent skin infections. Olive oil antioxidants protect skin from free radical damage that results from pollution, oxygen, and sunlight. Since squalene is one of the principal hydrocarbons contained in the skin, olive oil is absorbed quickly and efficiently deep into the skin, replenishing the skin's natural moisture barrier. Olive oil restores healthy suppleness and flexibility to the skin without leaving an oily residue.
APPLE STEM CELLS FOR YOUTHFUL SKIN
All natural, potent apple stem cells from the Swiss Alpines are clinically shown to regenerate skin cells, protect skin cells from UV light damage and aging, and reduce fine lines and deep wrinkles with a tightening facelift effect. Apple Stem Cells contain phospholipids that keep skin firm, taut and moisturized.
HYALURONIC ACID BOOSTS COLLAGEN AND SKIN SUPPLENESS
Hyaluronic Acid is naturally present in the skin but its content decreases with aging resulting in wrinkles, fine lines and age spots. Applying Hyaluronic Acid to the skin helps support collagen structure and provide superior hydration. It boosts skin suppleness with an immediate ultra-plumping effect.
PROTECT AND SOFTEN WITH JOJOBA OIL
Produced from the seeds of the jojoba plant, jojoba oil's unique chemical composition is similar to human sebum - a waxy substance secreted by the skin's sebaceous glands. Jojoba oil protects, softens and restores skin to its natural pH balance.
ROSE FOR SMOOTHER, SOFTER SKIN
Rose oil is well-known for its moisturizing and antimicrobial benefits and beautiful aroma. Rose oil provides antioxidant protection for optimal skin care by counteracting the effects of aging and keeping skin soft and supple. It can penetrate the skin and improve the skin's moisture barrier. Rose oil scent has been shown to have antidepressive, anti-stress and anti-anxiety properties.
ROSE HIP - NATURE'S RETINOL
Rose hip seed oil is a natural source of tretinoin (a vitamin A retinoid) and known as nature's Retin-A (rather than synthetic retinol). Retinoids work on a molecular level because skin cells contain retinoid receptors. Studies show retinoids improve skin texture, reduce dark spots, decrease collage breakdown and stimulate collagen production.
MOISTURIZE WITH LANOLIN
Derived from sheep's wool, lanolin oil is nearly identical to our skin's naturally occuring oils. It is composed of non-ionic, hydrophilic fatty acids that pass freely and easily to the deepest layers of the skin's epidermis. Lanolin protects the cells that act as the epidermis barrier, which prevents moisture depletion, yet also allows breathing for an unrivaled and lasting moisturizing effect.
WILD GREEK OREGANO TO THE RESCUE
One of nature's most powerful germicidals, Wild Greek Oregano oil prevents and treats fungal, bacterial, viral, mold and yeast infections. Studies have shown Wild Greek Oregano's main active ingredient, carvacrol, is highly effective in destroying fungus responsible for causing athlete's foot and fungal nail conditions.
TEA TREE OIL FROM DOWN UNDER
Tea Tree oil has been widely studied in Australian research and shown to effectively prevent and treat fungal, bacterial and viral infection. Tea Tree's active terpenoids can alleviate inflammation and help wound healing by encouraging tissue regeneration.
FULL SPECTRUM HEMP CBD FOR HOLISTIC WELLNESS
CBD is the nonpsychoactive chemical compound found in hemp plants and has been linked to a number of physical and mental health benefits, including relieving pain and inflammation as well as reducing the symptoms of anxiety and depression. Galen Botanical's products are made from full spectrum CBD which includes additional beneficial compounds from the hemp plant, compared to other products that contain just the isolated CBD compound.
ARNICA NATURAL PAIN RELIEF Arnica Natural Pain Relief
Arnica montana flower extract has been used for centuries to relieve pain, swelling, bruising and stiffness.
SOOTHING POWER OF LAVENDER
One of nature's most powerful substances for soothing, moisturizing and detoxifying is lavender oil. The benefits of using lavender oil on the skin include healing wounds (cuts, sores, abrasions, ulcers), preventing bacterial colonization, treating fungal infections, combating acne, eczema and psoriasis, preventing skin cancer, and countering the damaging effects of UV radiation (photo-aging).
WHY AVOID PETROLEUM-BASED AND MINERAL OIL SKINCARE PRODUCTS?
Commercial skincare creams and lotions such as Eucerin, Vaseline and Lubriderm contain petroleum and mineral oils derived from crude oil. Companies like Olay and Neutrogena skincare products contain parabens, chemicals with estrogen-like properties. Although considered toxic contaminants, they are ubiquitous in skincare products because petroleum and mineral oils are inexpensive fillers materials and parabens are used as preservatives.
PETROLEUM AND MINERAL OIL CAN'T BE METABOLIZED
Studies show petroleum and mineral oils are considered toxic contaminants. When petroleum and mineral oil toxic contaminants are absorbed into the system they do not metabolize and accumulate in human fat.
PETROLEUM AND MINERAL OIL LINKED TO ESTROGEN DOMINANCE
Petroleum and mineral oils are classified as xenoestrogens, substances that produce harmful hormonal effects. Studies show long-term exposure to petroleum derived skincare products is linked to estrogen dominance and increases hormonal imbalances. Estrogen dominance is a common condition in which individuals have a high ratio of estrogen hormone with little or no progesterone hormone to balance its effects.
PETROLEUM AND MINERAL OIL DON'T ALLOW SKIN TO BREATHE
Petroleum and mineral oil are "occlusive" agents—meaning they seal off the skin from air, water or anything else getting in (or out). They form an invisible film on the surface that blocks the pores and the skin's natural respiration process. They don't allow moisture to be absorbed from the atmosphere or from other beneficial ingredients.
PARABENS ARE HORMONE DISRUPTORS
Many commerical skincare products contain toxic chemicals such as paraben, a hormone disruptor. Studies found paraben is present in breast cancer tissues.
GALEN BOTANICALS GREEK TRADITIONAL MEDICINE
"Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food." - Hippocrates.
GALEN BOTANICALS remedies are deeply rooted in ancient Greek Traditional Medicine. One of the oldest systems of healing on the planet, Greek Traditional Medicine traces its roots back to Greek physician-philosopher Galen (161 AD), "father of medicine" Hippocrates (370 BC), and ancient Greek healing temples dedicated to the god of medicine Asclepius (5 BC).
GALEN BOTANICALS is proud to bring these timeless remedies to the 21st century.
Contact us at: email@example.com
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Galen Botanicals products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Not FDA Approved for Medical Treatment. Please consult a licensed health professional for advice and treatment.
1. Eucerin Intensive Repair Ingredients http://www.eucerinus.com/product/eucerin-intensive-repair-very-dry-skin-lotion
2. Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Lotion Ingredients http://www.vaseline.us/product/intensive-care/lotions/essential-healing-lotion.html
3. Lubriderm Moisture Lotion Ingredients https://www.lubriderm.com/products/daily-moisture-lotion-sensitive-skin
4. Olay All Day Moisturizer Ingredients http://www.olay.com/en-us/skin-care-products/complete-all-day-moisturizer-sunscreen-spf-15-combination-oily-skin
5. Neutrogena Body Lotion Ingredients http://www.neutrogena.com/product/body+lotion.do?sortby=ourPicks
6. Journal of Applied Toxicology March 2012; 32(3): 219-232
7. Lu Yao-Ping, et al. Tumorigenic Effect of Some Commonly Used Moisturizing Creams when Applied Topically to UVB-Pretreated High-Risk Mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2009 Feb; 129(2): 468–475.
8. Environmental Watch Group (EWG) Research Shows 22 Percent of all Cosmetics May Be Contaminated with Cancer-Causing Impurity. February 8, 2007.
9. Concin N, et al. Evidence for cosmetics as a source of mineral oil contamination in women. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011 Nov;20(11):1713-9.
10. Vrable CM, et al. Specific in vitro toxicity of crude and refined petroleum products: II. Estrogen (alpha and beta) and androgen receptor-mediated responses in yeast assays. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2010 Jul;29(7):1529-36.
11. D'Angelo S, et al. Hydroxytyrosol, a natural antioxidant from olive oil, prevents protein damage induced by long-wave ultraviolet radiation in melanoma cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005 Apr 1;38(7):908-19.
12. Budiyanto A, et al. Protective effect of topically applied olive oil against photocarcinogenesis following UVB exposure of mice. Carcinogenesis (2000) 21 (11): 2085-2090.
13. Edraki M, et al. Healing effect of sea buckthorn, olive oil, and their mixture on full-thickness burn wounds. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2014 Jul;27(7):317-23. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24932952
14. Brenes M, et al. Antimicrobial activity of olive oil. Anno 2007 Jul/Aug;18(4): 6-8.
15. Passi S, et al. Lipophilic antioxidants in human sebum and aging. Free Radic Res. 2002 Apr;36(4):471-7.
16. Kohno Y, et al. Kinetic study of quenching reaction of singlet oxygen and scavenging reaction of free radical by squalene in n-butanol. biochim Biophys Acta 1995 Apr 28;1256(1):52-6.
18. Kiechl-Kohlendorfer U, et al. The effect of daily treatment with an olive oil/lanolin emollient on skin integrity in infants: a randomized controlled trial. Pediatr Dermatol 2008 Mar-Apr;25(2):174-8.
19. Guba R. Wound Healing: A pilot study using an essential oil-based cream to heal dermal wounds and ulcers. Intl J Aroma 1998-1999 9(2):67-74.
20. Chao S, et al. Inhibition of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) by essential oils.Flavour Fragr J 2008;23: 444-449.
21. Cassella S, Cassella JP, Smith I 2002 Synergistic antifungal activity of tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) and lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oils against dermatophyte infection. The International Journal of Aromatherapy 12(1):2-15
22. D'Auria FD, Tecca M, Strippoli V et al 2005 Antifungal activity of Lavandula angustifolia essential oil against Candida albicans yeast and mycelial form. Medical Mycology 43:391-396.
23. Edwards-Jones V, Buck R, Shawcross SG et al 2004 The effect of essential oils on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus using a dressing model. Burns 30:772-777
24. Hartman D, Coetzee JC 2002 Two US practitioners' experience of using essential oils for wound care. Journal of Wound Care 11(8):317-320
25. Kerr J 2002 The use of essential oils in wound healing. The International Journal of Aromatherapy 12(4):202-206
26. Yang SA, Jeon SK, Lee EJ et al 2010 Comparative study of the chemical composition and antioxidant activity of six essential oils and their components. Natural Product research 24:140-151
27. Zu Y, Yu H, Liang L et al 2010 Activities of ten essential oils towards Propionibacterium acn
es and PC-3, A-549 and MCF-7 cancer cells. Molecules 15:3200-3210
28. Schmitt S, et al Variation of in vitro human skin permeation of rose oil between different application sites . Forsch Komplementmed. (2010)
29. Schmitt S, et al Comparative study on the in vitro human skin permeation of monoterpenes and phenylpropanoids applied in rose oil and in form of neat single compounds . Pharmazie. (2010)
30. Fukada M, et al Effect of "rose essential oil" inhalation on stress-induced skin-barrier disruption in rats and humans . Chem Senses. (2012)
31. Nazıroğlu M, et al Rose oil (from Rosa × damascena Mill.) vapor attenuates depression-induced oxidative toxicity in rat brain . J Nat Med. (2013)
32. Kafi R, et al. Improvement of Naturally Aged Skin with Vitamin A (Retinol). JAMA Dermatology 2007 143 (5)