GALEN BOTANICALS ~ Timeless Natural Remedies
118 YEARS AGO
IN LOWELL, MASSACHUSETTS
Galen Botanicals began as an Old-World Apothecary, Galen Pharmacy.
Pharmacist George "Doc" Vozeolas becomes the first Greek immigrant to open a pharmacy in the U.S., naming it Galen Pharmacy. Doc's herbal remedies, salves and tinctures are renown for their effectiveness. The great Beats author/poet Jack Kerouac and his family were devotee's of Doc's remedies.
Doc's granddaughter, natural medicine expert Dr. Elaine Gavalas founds Galen Botanicals, collaborating with health professionals to develop 21st century holistic medicinals and natural therapies.
GALEN BOTANICALS NATURAL REMEDIES
GALEN BOTANICALS BEAUTY SERUM 2 oz
GALEN BOTANICALS STRESS RELIEF OIL 1/2 oz
This precious aromatherapy blend promotes stress relief, healing and purification of mind-body-soul. Anoint chakras and pulse points and set intentions before and after meditation and yoga.
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Rose Quartz Infusion, Rosa Damascena Essential Oil, Sandalwood Essential Oil, Patchouli Essential Oil, Jojoba Oil.
ORDER $30 Paypal
GALEN BOTANICALS YOUTH SERUM 2 oz
Locks in skin's natural moisture and promotes soft, supple skin. Massage several drops into skin before your favorite moisturizer or foundation.
Contains hyaluronic acid, a vital component of skin, connective tissue, joints and cartilage. Hyaluronic acid is a glycosaminoglycan (GAG) that acts like a sponge to hold water in its strong matrix, keeping skin cells strong and promoting lubricating moisture in the skin and joint matrix. During aging, hyaluronic acid levels decline, but supplementation can help increase hyaluronic acid levels.
Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).
ORDER $15 Paypal
GALEN BOTANICALS BODY LOTION 2 oz
Protects, softens and revitalizes dry, rough skin. Restores healthy suppleness and flexibility to the skin. Improves skin integrity with a lasting moisturizing effect.
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Rose Quartz Infusion, Lanolin, Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Lavender Essential Oil.
ORDER $20 Paypal
GALEN BOTANICALS MASSAGE OIL 2 oz
Soothes and restores tired, sore muscles due to overuse or exercise. Nourishes, hydrates and detoxifies skin. Not to be used on open wounds or broken skin.
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Rose Quartz Infusion, Lanolin, Hyaluronic Acid, Arnica Essential Oil, Organic Lavender Essential Oil.
ORDER $20 Paypal
GALEN BOTANICALS ATHLETES FOOT RELIEF 2 oz
Helps Athlete's Foot and Toenail Fungus. Improves appearance of the skin and color of the nails. The main ingredients Greek Oregano Oil and Tea Tree Oil have strong antifungal properties. Apply several drops to affected skin and toe nails up to twice daily.
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Rose Quartz Infusion, Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Greek Oregano Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil.
Safety Information: Avoid contact with eyes and genitals. Do not apply on open wounds. Wash your hands after use. Keep out of reach of children. Always consult your licensed health professional. Stop use if irritation occurs or there is no improvement within 4 weeks.
ORDER $20 PayPal
GALEN BOTANICALS EDEMA RELIEF 2 oz
Reduces and prevents swelling, and improves skin integrity.
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Rose Quartz Infusion, Lanolin, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Organic Horse Chestnut Extract, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Grapefruit Essential Oil.
ORDER $20 Paypal
ABOUT GALEN BOTANICALS NATURAL REMEDIES
Galen Botanicals elixirs are created with precious plant essences, beneficial crystals, and pyramid therapy. The synergistic blend of these high-vibrational substances regenerates and revitalizes the skin and body-mind-spirit.
NOURISH AND HYDRATE WITH PRECIOUS PLANT ESSENCES
Galen Botanicals natural remedies are made with Mother Earth's most precious plant oils, essential oils and botanical extracts. These powerful substances are scientifically found to lock in moisture, combat free radical damage, and protect against infectious invaders.
HIGH VIBRATIONAL CRYSTALS
Organic extra virgin olive oil is infused with beneficial crystals to create high vibrational elixirs. This infusion transfers the crystal's therapeutic properties into pure olive oil for maximum benefit.
POTENT PYRAMID THERAPY
Galen Botanicals uses pyramid shaped crystals to incorporate potent pyramid therapy.
WHY CHOOSE GALEN BOTANICALS NATURAL REMEDIES?
GALEN BOTANICALS chemical-free, natural products contain protective essential oils, plant oils, and botanical extracts that regenerate and revitalize the skin. These precious substances are scientifically found to lock in moisture, combat free radical-induced damage, and protect against infectious invaders.
NOURISH AND HYDRATE WITH ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Galen Botanicals products contain organic extra virgin olive oil, an ideal emollient base ingredient. This silky smooth and deeply moisturizing oil is rich in vitamins A and E, monounsaturated fatty acids and polyphenol antioxidants. Olive oil's potent compounds such as oleocanthol, oleuropein, oleic acid, hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol and squalene can protect against skin aging, promote skin regeneration and prevent skin infections (11-16). Olive oil antioxidants protect skin from free radical damage that results from pollution, oxygen, and sunlight. Since squalene is one of the principal hydrocarbons contained in the skin, olive oil is absorbed quickly and efficiently deep into the skin, replenishing the skin's natural moisture barrier. Olive oil restores healthy suppleness and flexibility to the skin without leaving an oily residue (13-17).
PROTECT AND SOFTEN WITH JOJOBA OIL
Produced from the seeds of the jojoba plant, jojoba oil's unique chemical composition is similar to human sebum - a waxy substance secreted by the skin's sebaceous glands. Jojoba oil protects, softens and restores skin to its natural pH balance. (17).
MOISTURIZE WITH LANOLIN
Derived from sheep's wool, lanolin oil is nearly identical to our skin's naturally occuring oils. It is composed of non-ionic, hydrophilic fatty acids that pass freely and easily to the deepest layers of the skin's epidermis. Lanolin protects the cells that act as the epidermis barrier, which prevents moisture depletion, yet also allows breathing for an unrivaled and lasting moisturizing effect (18).
SOOTHING POWER OF LAVENDER
One of nature's most powerful substances for soothing, moisturizing and detoxifying is lavender oil. The benefits of using lavender oil on the skin include healing wounds (cuts, sores, abrasions, ulcers), preventing bacterial colonization, treating fungal infections, combating acne, eczema and psoriasis, preventing skin cancer, and countering the damaging effects of UV radiation (photo-aging) (17-26).
ROSE FOR SMOOTHER, SOFTER SKIN
Rose oil is well-known for its moisturizing and antimicrobial benefits and beautiful aroma. Rose oil provides antioxidant protection for optimal skin care by counteracting the effects of aging and keeping skin soft and supple. It can penetrate the skin and improve the skin's moisture barrier. Rose oil scent has been shown to have antidepressive, anti-stress and anti-anxiety properties (26-31).
ROSE HIP - NATURE'S RETINOL
Rose hip seed oil is a natural source of tretinoin (a vitamin A retinoid) and known as nature's Retin-A (rather than synthetic retinol). Retinoids work on a molecular level because skin cells contain retinoid receptors. Studies show retinoids improve skin texture, reduce dark spots, decrease collage breakdown and stimulate collagen production. (32)
WHY AVOID PETROLEUM-BASED AND MINERAL OIL SKINCARE PRODUCTS?
Commercial skincare creams and lotions such as Eucerin (1), Vaseline (2) and Lubriderm (3) contain petroleum and mineral oils derived from crude oil. Companies like Olay (4) and Neutrogena (5) skincare products contain parabens, chemicals with estrogen-like properties. Although considered toxic contaminants, they are ubiquitous in skincare products because petroleum and mineral oils are inexpensive fillers materials and parabens are used as preservatives.
PETROLEUM AND MINERAL OIL CAN'T BE METABOLIZED
Studies show petroleum and mineral oils are considered toxic contaminants (6,10). When petroleum and mineral oil toxic contaminants are absorbed into the system they do not metabolize and accumulate in human fat (6,10).
PETROLEUM AND MINERAL OIL LINKED TO ESTROGEN DOMINANCE
Petroleum and mineral oils are classified as xenoestrogens, substances that produce harmful hormonal effects. Studies show long-term exposure to petroleum derived skincare products is linked to estrogen dominance and increases hormonal imbalances (2). Estrogen dominance is a common condition in which individuals have a high ratio of estrogen hormone with little or no progesterone hormone to balance its effects.
PETROLEUM AND MINERAL OIL DON'T ALLOW SKIN TO BREATHE
Petroleum and mineral oil are "occlusive" agents—meaning they seal off the skin from air, water or anything else getting in (or out). They form an invisible film on the surface that blocks the pores and the skin's natural respiration process. They don't allow moisture to be absorbed from the atmosphere or from other beneficial ingredients.
PARABENS ARE HORMONE DISRUPTORS
Many commerical skincare products including Olay (4) and Neutrogena (5) contain toxic chemicals such as paraben, a hormone disruptor. Studies found paraben is present in breast cancer tissues (9,10).
GALEN BOTANICALS GREEK TRADITIONAL MEDICINE
"Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food." - Hippocrates.
GALEN BOTANICALS remedies are deeply rooted in ancient Greek Traditional Medicine. One of the oldest systems of healing on the planet, Greek Traditional Medicine traces its roots back to Greek physician-philosopher Galen (161 AD), "father of medicine" Hippocrates (370 BC), and ancient Greek healing temples dedicated to the god of medicine Asclepius (5 BC).
Many of Galen Botanicals remedies were derived from Greek Traditional Medicine. Galen Botanicals is proud to bring these timeless remedies to the 21st century.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Galen Botanicals products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Not FDA Approved for Medical Treatment. Please consult a licensed health professional for advice and treatment.
1. Eucerin Intensive Repair Ingredients http://www.eucerinus.com/product/eucerin-intensive-repair-very-dry-skin-lotion
2. Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Lotion Ingredients http://www.vaseline.us/product/intensive-care/lotions/essential-healing-lotion.html
3. Lubriderm Moisture Lotion Ingredients https://www.lubriderm.com/products/daily-moisture-lotion-sensitive-skin
4. Olay All Day Moisturizer Ingredients http://www.olay.com/en-us/skin-care-products/complete-all-day-moisturizer-sunscreen-spf-15-combination-oily-skin
5. Neutrogena Body Lotion Ingredients http://www.neutrogena.com/product/body+lotion.do?sortby=ourPicks
6. Journal of Applied Toxicology March 2012; 32(3): 219-232
7. Lu Yao-Ping, et al. Tumorigenic Effect of Some Commonly Used Moisturizing Creams when Applied Topically to UVB-Pretreated High-Risk Mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2009 Feb; 129(2): 468–475.
8. Environmental Watch Group (EWG) Research Shows 22 Percent of all Cosmetics May Be Contaminated with Cancer-Causing Impurity. February 8, 2007.
9. Concin N, et al. Evidence for cosmetics as a source of mineral oil contamination in women. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011 Nov;20(11):1713-9.
10. Vrable CM, et al. Specific in vitro toxicity of crude and refined petroleum products: II. Estrogen (alpha and beta) and androgen receptor-mediated responses in yeast assays. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2010 Jul;29(7):1529-36.
11. D'Angelo S, et al. Hydroxytyrosol, a natural antioxidant from olive oil, prevents protein damage induced by long-wave ultraviolet radiation in melanoma cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005 Apr 1;38(7):908-19.
12. Budiyanto A, et al. Protective effect of topically applied olive oil against photocarcinogenesis following UVB exposure of mice. Carcinogenesis (2000) 21 (11): 2085-2090.
13. Edraki M, et al. Healing effect of sea buckthorn, olive oil, and their mixture on full-thickness burn wounds. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2014 Jul;27(7):317-23. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24932952
14. Brenes M, et al. Antimicrobial activity of olive oil. Anno 2007 Jul/Aug;18(4): 6-8.
15. Passi S, et al. Lipophilic antioxidants in human sebum and aging. Free Radic Res. 2002 Apr;36(4):471-7.
16. Kohno Y, et al. Kinetic study of quenching reaction of singlet oxygen and scavenging reaction of free radical by squalene in n-butanol. biochim Biophys Acta 1995 Apr 28;1256(1):52-6.
18. Kiechl-Kohlendorfer U, et al. The effect of daily treatment with an olive oil/lanolin emollient on skin integrity in infants: a randomized controlled trial. Pediatr Dermatol 2008 Mar-Apr;25(2):174-8.
19. Guba R. Wound Healing: A pilot study using an essential oil-based cream to heal dermal wounds and ulcers. Intl J Aroma 1998-1999 9(2):67-74.
20. Chao S, et al. Inhibition of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) by essential oils.Flavour Fragr J 2008;23: 444-449.
21. Cassella S, Cassella JP, Smith I 2002 Synergistic antifungal activity of tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) and lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oils against dermatophyte infection. The International Journal of Aromatherapy 12(1):2-15
22. D'Auria FD, Tecca M, Strippoli V et al 2005 Antifungal activity of Lavandula angustifolia essential oil against Candida albicans yeast and mycelial form. Medical Mycology 43:391-396.
23. Edwards-Jones V, Buck R, Shawcross SG et al 2004 The effect of essential oils on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus using a dressing model. Burns 30:772-777
24. Hartman D, Coetzee JC 2002 Two US practitioners' experience of using essential oils for wound care. Journal of Wound Care 11(8):317-320
25. Kerr J 2002 The use of essential oils in wound healing. The International Journal of Aromatherapy 12(4):202-206
26. Yang SA, Jeon SK, Lee EJ et al 2010 Comparative study of the chemical composition and antioxidant activity of six essential oils and their components. Natural Product research 24:140-151
27. Zu Y, Yu H, Liang L et al 2010 Activities of ten essential oils towards Propionibacterium acn
es and PC-3, A-549 and MCF-7 cancer cells. Molecules 15:3200-3210
28. Schmitt S, et al Variation of in vitro human skin permeation of rose oil between different application sites . Forsch Komplementmed. (2010)
29. Schmitt S, et al Comparative study on the in vitro human skin permeation of monoterpenes and phenylpropanoids applied in rose oil and in form of neat single compounds . Pharmazie. (2010)
30. Fukada M, et al Effect of "rose essential oil" inhalation on stress-induced skin-barrier disruption in rats and humans . Chem Senses. (2012)
31. Nazıroğlu M, et al Rose oil (from Rosa × damascena Mill.) vapor attenuates depression-induced oxidative toxicity in rat brain . J Nat Med. (2013)
32. Kafi R, et al. Improvement of Naturally Aged Skin with Vitamin A (Retinol). JAMA Dermatology 2007 143 (5)